Regular readers will remember my article on the JellyBean and while it enthralled many, it definitely was not the last the Google Gods had to offer!
And now that the Android 4.2 is out on the almighty three i.e. the Google Nexus 4, 7 and 10, Jelly Bean gets even better with this version!
I personally advice you check the link to believe what I have to share!!
Here are the specs:
1. One Tablet, many users – multitask between multiple users, along with separate settings for each user, and quick switching between users. I guess this will help you share your tablet with your siblings and/or family without having to worry about your personal stuff!
2. Share what’s on your phone on the big screen – Android 4.2 allows you to mirror whatever you have on your phone or tablet wirelessly to your TV using a wireless display adapter connected to the HDMI port of your TV.
3. DayDream - Always wanted to use your Tablet to display your photos, and other stuff like news updates and the like while it’s docked and charging? i.e. on the Lockscreen? Walk in DayDream a brand new feature of this version that let’s you do exactly that.
4. Google Search - Powered by Knowledge Graph, it let’s you speak to search and even speaks back with your results! Siri, anyone?
5. Amazing Photo Sphere Camera - Up, down and all around you, it’s like no camera you’ve ever seen. With Android 4.2, snap pictures in every direction that come together into incredible, immersive photo spheres that put you right inside the scene. View your photo spheres right on your phone, share them on Google+ with your friends and family, or even add them to Google Maps for the world to see.
6. A smarter keyboard, now with Gesture Typing - Swype is now officially here to accompany all android 4.2 devices along with word predictability!
7. Expandable, Actionable Notifications - More detailed and accessible notifications that allow you to do the action needed for the notification without going anywhere!
8. Faster and smoother – we touched on this as an update in the Jelly Bean, am hoping its better in this version.
9. Beam Photos and Videos - NFC enabled devices (first advertised – the Galaxy SIII) can easily share data when touched back-to-back.
10. Widgets work like Magic - Widgets on your home screen move to make space for new widgets that you add.
11. Accessibility - Enable screen magnification to easily zoom or pan the entire screen to get a closer look. Visually impaired users can now enter full-screen magnification with a triple-tap on the screen, and even type and interact with the device while zoomed in. Blind users can use Gesture Mode to reliably navigate the UI using touch and swipe gestures in combination with speech output.
12Live in the Now - Google Now brings you information you need, when you need and where you need it, before you even ask! Google Now tells you today’s weather before you start your day, or when the next train will arrive as you’re standing on the platform. With the latest version, you can see popular photo spots nearby, track packages easily, get information about upcoming movies, and much more.
I want this soo bad!!